1) What is Laravel Framework?
Laravel is a free and open-source PHP framework that is used to develop complex web applications. It supports the Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern.
Additionally, the framework is very scalable as you can use packages like Vapor to handle hundreds of thousands of requests using AWS serverless technology.
2) What are the main features of Laravel?
Some of the main features of Laravel are: 1) Eloquent ORM 2) Query builder 3) Reverse Routing 4) Restful Controllers 5) Migrations 6) Database Seeding 7) Unit Testing 8) Homestead
3) What is the minimum compatible version of PHP for Laravel 7 and 8?
The minimum compatible PHP version for Laravel 7 is PHP 7.2.5 and for Laravel 8 is PHP 7.3.0
4) Define Composer.
Composer is the package manager for the framework. It helps in adding new packages from the huge community into your laravel application.
For example, one of the most used packages for authentication will be Passport, for including that into your project, you can run the below command on your terminal:
composer requires laravel/passport
5) What is Query Builder in Laravel?
Laravel’s Query Builder provides more direct access to the database, alternative to the Eloquent ORM. It doesn’t require SQL queries to be written directly. Instead, it offers a set of classes and methods which are capable of building queries programmatically. It also allows specific caching of the results of the executed queries.
6) Does Laravel support Bootstrap?
Yes, Laravel supports the Bootstrap CSS framework.
7) What are available databases supported by Laravel?
The supported databases in laravel are:
- SQL Server
8) What is an artisan?
Artisan is the command-line tool for Laravel to help the developer build the application. You can enter the below command to get all the available commands:
PHP artisan list: Artisan command can help in creating the files using the make command. Some of the useful make commands are listed below:
php artisan make:controller // Make Controller file
php artisan make:model // Make a Model file
php artisan make:migration // Make Migration file
php artisan make:seeder // Make Seeder file
php artisan make:command // Make a new artisan command
php artisan make:policy // Make Policy file
9) What is routing?
All Laravel routes are defined in route files, which are stored in the routes directory. These files are loaded by the MVC framework. The routes/web.php files define routes that are available for the web interface. Those routes are allotted as the web middleware group, which provide features such as session state and CSRF protection. The routes available in routes/api.php are stateless and are allotted as the API middleware group. For most of the applications, one should start by defining routes in routes/web.php file.
10) How to clear cache in Laravel?
The syntax to clear cache in Laravel is given below:
php artisan cache: clear
php artisan config: clear
php artisan cache: clear
11) What is MVC architecture?
MVC architecture is a design pattern that is used to develop web applications. It consists of three components named Model, View and Controller. MVC design pattern also helps to speed up the development of the web application.
- Model: In MVC architecture, the letter M stands for Models. Model is the central component of the MVC design pattern. It manages the data in the application.
- View: In MVC architecture, the letter V stands for Views. A view displays data to the user.
- Controller: In MVC architecture, the letter C stands for Controllers. A controller is used to handle user requests.
12) How can you check the installed Laravel version of a project.
Go to the project directory in the command prompt and run the following command:
php artisan --version
Alternatively, you can run the following command also.
php artisan -v
13) How to put Laravel applications in maintenance mode?
Maintenance mode is used to put a maintenance page to customers and under the hood, we can do software updates, bug fixes, etc. Laravel applications can be put into maintenance mode using the below command:
php artisan down
And can put the application again on live using the below command:
php artisan up
Also, it is possible to access the website in maintenance mode by whitelisting particular IPs.
14) What are bundles in Laravel?
Bundles are used to increase the functionality of Laravel. In Laravel, bundles are popularly known as packages. It contains configuration, routes, migrations, views, etc.
15) What are the two main routing files found in Laravel?
The two main routing files are,
web.php file in the routes folder.
api.php file in the routes folder.
16) What are the available router methods in Laravel?
The following list shows the available router methods in Laravel:
- Route::get($uri, $callback);
- Route::post($uri, $callback);
- Route::put($uri, $callback);
- Route::patch($uri, $callback);
- Route::delete($uri, $callback);
- Route::options($uri, $callback);
17) How can we get data between two dates using Query in Laravel?
We can use whereBetween() method to retrieve the data between two dates with Query.
Blog::whereBetween('created_at', [$date1, $date2])->get();
18) How will you explain dd() function in Laravel?
dd stands for “Dump and Die.” Laravel’s dd() function can be defined as a helper function, which is used to dump a variable’s contents to the browser and prevent the further script execution.
19) What are the differences between Laravel and Codeigniter?
|Laravel is a framework with an expressive, elegant syntax.||Codeigniter is a powerful framework based on PHP.|
|Laravel is built for the latest version of PHP.||Codeigniter is an older, more mature framework.|
|Laravel is more object-oriented as compared to Codeigniter.||Codeigniter is less object-oriented as compared to Laravel.|
|Laravel supports ORM.||Codeigniter does not support ORM|
|Laravel needs 1 GB memory.||Codeigniter needs 256 GB memory.|
|Laravel has built-in user authentication support.||Codeigniter does not have in-built user authentication support.|
20) In which directory controllers are kept in Laravel?
Controllers are kept in app/http/Controllers directory.